The IT4IT™ Reference Architecture is a vendor-neutral open standard Reference Architecture and value chain-based operating model for managing the business of IT. IT departments run on IT4IT™ principles and framework reap large rewards in cost savings and automation. The IT4IT™ Reference Architecture leverages standardized activities, data artifacts and relationships that can form foundations for business insights across the IT value chain. EA Principals is an early adopter of the IT4IT™ Reference Architecture and has been involved with its production and release. We are experts on the IT4IT Reference Architecture and are one of the only accredited IT4IT™ training providers in the world.
Module 1, Units 1 -4 Unit 1 – Overview
- IT4IT™ Reference Architecture, its approach, its intended use for organizations and the intended use for suppliers of IT management products and services.
- The IT Value Chain and its characteristics
Unit 2 – Definitions of key terms used in the IT4IT™ Reference Architecture
- Service Lifecycle Data Object (Data Object)
- Value Chain
- IT Value Chain
- Value Stream
- Functional Component
- Service Model Backbone Data Object
- System of Record
Unit 3 – IT4IT™ Basic Concepts
- A brief description of the scope, benefits and activities of the IT4IT™ Value Streams
- Functional components and data objects and their relationships
- The concept of the four pillars anchoring the IT Value Chain
- Service lifecycle data objects, key and auxiliary data objects
- The characteristics and components of the IT4IT™ Functional Model
Unit 4 – IT4IT™ Core
- How the IT4IT™ Reference Architecture uses the value stream concept
- The five levels of IT4IT™ abstractions
- How the OMG definition is aligned with service lifecycle data object artifacts
Module 2, Units 5 – 8 Unit 5 – The Strategy to Portfolio Value Stream
- The objectives and benefits of the Strategy to Portfolio (S2P) value stream
- The Key Performance Indicators supporting the critical success factors for S2P
- The purpose and the key data objects associated with S2P functional components
Unit 6 – Request to Deploy Value Stream
- The objectives and benefits of the Request to Deploy (R2D) Value Stream
- The Key Performance Indicators supporting the critical success factors for R2D
- The purpose and the key data objects associated with R2D functional components
Unit 7 – Request to Fulfil Value Stream
- The objectives and benefits of the Request to Fulfill (R2F) Value Stream.
- The Key Performance Indicators supporting the critical success factors for R2F.
- The purpose and the key data objects associated with R2F functional components.
Unit 8 – Detect to Correct Value Stream
- The objectives and benefits of the Detect to Correct (D2C) Value Stream
- The Key Performance Indicators supporting the critical success factors for D2C
- The purpose and the key data objects associated with D2C functional components
- IT4IT Part 1Examination Voucher
- Open Book: No
- Exam type: Multiple choice
- Number of questions: 40
- Pass score: 65% (26 out of 40 questions)
- Time limit: 60 minutes
A 100% refund, minus a 5% processing fee, will be given to students who drop or withdraw from the EA Principals, Inc. class no later than the 21st day prior to the announced scheduled start date. No refund will be given within 21 days of the published start date. Students missing a portion of a class, due to emergencies or unforeseen circumstances, will be able to attend the next class on the same topic for the days missed, without additional fee. Students need not reregister; however, they must notify EA Principals, Inc. (by email or telephone), so the registration fee for the makeup class can be waived and class logistics provided. Note: This refund policy does not apply if using special discount codes that have “no refund” specified in the usage instructions.