The ArchiMate® 3 Enterprise Architecture modeling language provides a uniform representation for diagrams that describe Enterprise Architectures. It includes concepts for specifying inter-related architectures, specifying viewpoints for selected stakeholders, and language customization mechanisms. It describes and brings different architecture domains and their underlying relations and dependencies to visualization.
This intensive course covers the entire syllabus for the ArchiMate® 3 Practitioner (Level 2), thereby preparing candidates for the ArchiMate® 3 Practitioner (Level 2) examination.
As one of only a few ArchiMate Certification sponsors in The Open Group, EA Principals had one of the earliest programs accredited and has been teaching the very latest version, now version 3.2.” from the very beginning.”
We also offer an Advanced ArchiMate Modeling class, as a customized offering for private, on-site clients who want help in tackling relevant use cases in their organizations. EA Principals is the only to offer such a course. Although non-accredited, we can offer a Certificate of Completion after the 3-day workshop.
We also customize an Executive Orientation to ArchiMate class, which lasts for a half-day, showing examples of the power of ArchiMate even for executives, directors, program/project managers, business architects/analysts to appreciate.
ArchiMate® 3 Certification Paths
There are two levels of ArchiMate® 3 certification, denoted Level 1 and Level 2. Level 2 is a superset of Level 1 as it contains all the learning requirements for Level 1.
Certification to Level 1 is known as ArchiMate 3 Foundation. Certification to Level 2 is known as ArchiMate 3 Practitioner.
There is one exam for level 1 and one exam for level 2 (available at Pearson Vue Testing Centers). There is no combined exam for both level 1&2 in one sitting. EA Principals includes the proper exam voucher(s) in the cost of our ArchiMate® 3 courses. There is a special bridge exam (available at Pearson Vue Testing Centers) and a bridge course available to people who are already ArchiMate® 2 certified to become ArchiMate® 3 certified.
The paths to certification are shown in the following diagram:
The paths to certification include a path for Candidates who have previously attained ArchiMate 2 Certified.
We have ArchiMate® 3 courses for each of the certification paths:
ArchiMate® 3 Training Course: Foundation (Level 1)
ArchiMate® 3 Training Course: Practitioner (Level 2)
ArchiMate® 3 Training Course: Combined Level 1 and Level 2
ArchiMate® 2 – 3 Advanced Bridge Training Course
Course & Certification Benefits
- Module 1 Basic Concepts and Definitions
- Module 2 Language Structure
- Module 3 Generic Metamodel
- Module 4 Modeling Relationships
- Module 5 Modeling Motivation
- Module 6 The Strategy Layer
- Module 7 The Business Layer
- Module 8 The Application Layer
- Module 9 The Technology Layer
- Module 10 Modeling Physical Elements
- Module 11 Relationships between Core Layers
- Module 12 The Implementation and Migration Layer
- Module 13 Addressing Stakeholder Concerns with Viewpoints and Views
- Module 14 Language Customization Mechanisms
On completion of the course, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- Principles underlying the ArchiMate® 3 modeling language
- How to apply ArchiMate® 3 concepts in your models
- How to develop ArchiMate® 3 models for your enterprise architecture
complimentary exam voucher is included in the price of this course:
- ArchiMate® 3 Practitioner (Level 2) Examination Voucher
Other Valuable Inclusions:
- Integrated course materials – comprehensive courseware
- ArchiMate® 3 Specification Pocket Guide and ArchiMate® 3 Specification Study Cards
- Student Study Guide
- Two Case Studies and Reference Material
- Numerous Practice Examples
- Several Hundred Practice Test Questions and Answers
- Practice Modeling Exercises
Recommended Pre Reading
ArchiMate® 3.2 Specification Pocket Guide
ArchiMate® 3.2 Specification Study Cards
ArchiMate® 3.2 Full Specification