With decades of expertise in delivering enterprise architecture through training and consulting to organizations, EA Principals is in a position to deliver a business architecture solution that enables and enhances a wide range of business-driven goals and initiatives. EA Principals’ Business Transformation Architecture Certification Program is comprehensive and designed to be practical and for immediate use at work. This course is created by a team of expert practitioners of business architecture with decades of combined experience.
This course focuses on giving students an understanding of most of the methods and techniques required for developing & succeeding in the business architecture domain. The training is facilitated by one of our practitioner consultants who have extensive experience in and knowledge of the essential techniques and methods, along with numerous real world examples to share.
• Increase knowledge and techniques used in the discipline
• Improve professional skills needed to perform in this role
• Enhance network and connections with professional colleagues
• Enhance career advancement prospects through the knowledge and certification gained
• Contribute to resolution of issues currently facing your organization
Organizations across the globe are facing complex business challenges that consume executives’ time on a daily basis. The underlying factors driving up costs and driving down revenues can be hard to identify and harder to fix. There is a lack of visibility into the root cause of a wide variety of business issues. Common challenges that businesses face on a recurring basis include:
• How to assess and streamline investments in high profile, multi-year project initiatives?
• How to increase customer contacts and assistance by streamlining customer information?
• How to consolidate post-merger/acquisition business units and product lines?
• How to conform to government and industry compliance and audit requirements?
• How to align business and IT strategies into robust, deployable solutions?
• How to design business models to support strategy?
• How to use tools such as capability-based planning to develop a business operating model?
• How to analyze business models and provide insights for stakeholders?
• How to begin to plan for transitioning to new or enhanced capability?
• How business architecture helps program and project managers be more successful?
• Understand the respective roles of the business analyst and the business architect?
Specifically, participants will be able to:• Understand the role of business architecture in the broader enterprise architecture discipline
• Understand the highlights of some leading enterprise architecture frameworks and their value to the business architecture discipline
• Articulate a problem definition concisely and completely
• Explain the business architecture value proposition and how business architecture relates to other disciplines, organization structures, and career paths
• Understand the different views to describe a business, how to decompose the problem space into a more formal structure, and where influencers and drivers impact motivation
• Develop a “means-to-end” chain and a business motivation model • Use a business model canvas to identify key activities and resources to support the business strategy
• Use a strategy game board to identify on which capabilities to focus • Build a capability anchor model • Analyze the gap between current maturity and target maturity requirements
• Re-prioritize where to invest your capital across your project portfolio • Explain how to apply stakeholder management techniques • Consolidate your architecture into a single, summarized roadmap view
• Build combined views to represent a variety of different stakeholder concerns
Course Duration & Format
This course is designed to introduce the breadth and depth of this evolving field in practical ways, and take the learner through a series of modules to build the skills necessary for working as a business architect. It includes theoretical presentation, case studies, references and exercises to make the learning fun and to increase the maximum utility to the students and their organizations.
Discounts may apply for early bird registrations. Group discounts and government discounts are also available. Please contact us for further details.
We also provide in-house training at customer sites. A minimum of 6 students is required for conducting the private training at the client location. This is a cost-effective solution whether a small or large, even extended, team needs to be trained. Contact us at [email protected] or [email protected] for a discounted quote for such private, customizable training.
All our training programs are available for customized private sessions. You can request a quote online or send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected]. You can also reach us at 703-333-0698 or 678-882-5713.
Introductions & Course Overview About Us Module 1 – Introduction to Enterprise and Business Architecture › Course introduction, an overview of the business architecture discipline Module 2 – Is this Really Architecture? › Understand the common ground rules of architecture Module 3 – Frameworks › A high level overview of frameworks Module 4 – Introduction to Business Architecture › Introduction to the Business Architecture Module 5 – Value Proposition of Business Architecture › What is the business value or why should you learn Business Architecture course? Module 5 – Characteristics of a Business Architect › Who is the right candidate and qualities required to become a business architect.
Module 6 – Situation leading to hiring or needing a Business Architect ›How do situations arise in real world to hire a business architect? Module 7 – Core of Business Architecture › What are the different building blocks of business architecture? What is it? Module 8 – Business Canvas Model › Learn the concept of the famous Business Model Canvas, a strategic management and entrepreneurial tool. It allows you to describe, design, challenge, invent, and pivot your business model. Module 9 – Sample Business Canvas Models › Look at various real time examples of business canvas models to give you practical exposure. Module 10 – Goals › Understand the goal of the business architecture initiative. What is the need for doing the entire end to end process now?
Module 11 – Maturity Module › Understand the concept of maturity models and to evaluate your organization’s maturity model Module 12 – Strategy › Understand the in depth process of Strategy formulation. This module will help you think from the shoes of the executives who develop the strategy. This will make the stakeholder management a lot easier. › This module is used for analyzing the current state and designing a future state for the series of events that take a product or service from its beginning through to the customer. Module 13 – Capability Mapping › Now that you know the maturity of the organization, let us explore what the current capabilities of the organization are? Module 14 – Value Stream and Value Mapping Module 15 – Process Management › This module takes the adventure further from value streams to the process level.
Module 16 – Business Process Modeling (BPM) › This module helps you understand the industry standard, hands on practice of using BPMN to help with the process mapping. Module 17 – Change Management › Proposed solution could be the best in the world and may positively impact the life’s of everyone in the company. However, change is not easy to accept. Understanding how change has to be carefully formulated to get a greater acceptance is critical. Module 18 – ArchiMate Introduction & Core Concepts › ArchiMate is an enterprise modeling tool. An additional resource which will give a clear insight on what the industry is heading towards. Module 20 – Teams › Soft skills play a crucial role in any one succeeding in their profession. Understanding the team dynamics and how to deal with them to get the edge.
Module 21 – Communications › 80% of your career as a Business Architect will be spent on facilitating & communicating. This module will help you prepare for just that. Module 22 – Common Vocabulary › Tips to achieve common vocabulary in the company. Module 23 – Problem Solving › Industry proven techniques to quickly facilitate sessions to resolve problems and get to conclusions. Module 24 – Guide to Brainstorming › Innovation, thoughts, facilitating, conducting meetings, discussions, workshops are part of the game being a business architect. This module will help you for that. Module 25 – Lean & Six Sigma › Getting to the future state, why not incorporate the best practices who showed huge ROI for decades. This module will give you insights of Six Sigma and Lean. Take full advantage of the low hanging fruits. Course Summary End of Course Survey.
A 100% refund, minus a 5% processing fee, will be given to students who drop or withdraw from the EA Principals, Inc. class no later than the 21st day prior to the announced scheduled start date. No refund will be given within 21 days of the published start date. Students missing a portion of a class, due to emergencies or unforeseen circumstances, will be able to attend the next class on the same topic for the days missed, without additional fee. Students need not reregister; however, they must notify EA Principals, Inc. (by email or telephone), so the registration fee for the makeup class can be waived and class logistics provided. Note: This refund policy does not apply if using special discount codes that have “no refund” specified in the usage instructions.