Are you interested in modeling your enterprise to drive better investment decisions, manage your application portfolio, or determine the impact of planned changes? Do you lack the budget to purchase or maintain proprietary enterprise architecture tools, or are you unsure that they will be worth the expense? Perhaps you are uncertain about the benefits of enterprise modeling and seek a thorough trial at minimal cost.
· Installation of Archi and its plugins (participants do this in advance by following detailed instructions)
· Introduction to the compact teaching scenario and model created for this course, which
- Makes use of all layers and aspects of the ArchiMate language, including the more recent Strategy and Physical layers
- Depicts selected state-of-the-art microservices and big data patterns
· An in-depth tour of Archi
· Getting data in and out of Archi
· Collaborating with Archi and Github (applicable to any git repository, including internal services, Gitlab, Bitbucket, etc.)
· Scripting with Archi
· Analyzing and visualizing data with Archi and Excel
· Open discussion on participants’ challenges and next steps
This live, instructor-led, and remotely presented course prepares Business Strategists, Enterprise and Solution Architects, and Business Analysts to harness collaboration and analysis capabilities that, until recently, were available only through expensive, proprietary tools. It can be scheduled by itself or as an extension of an EA Principals TOGAF or ArchiMate training course. Enterprise Modeling and Analysis with the Archi Open Source Tool can also be scheduled prior to an EA Principals Jumpstart Workshop, in which intact teams work with an EA expert to tackle a well-defined problem of their choice.
EA Principals courses have always enabled participants to rapidly demonstrate the value of systematic architecture based on best practices. Enterprise Modeling and Analysis with the Archi Open Source Tool continues this tradition by teaching the latest in free and open source collaborative software.
Show Intended Audience
A 100% refund, minus a 5% processing fee, will be given to students who drop or withdraw from the EA Principals, Inc. class no later than the 21st day prior to the announced scheduled start date. No refund will be given within 21 days of the published start date. Students missing a portion of a class, due to emergencies or unforeseen circumstances, will be able to attend the next class on the same topic for the days missed, without additional fee. Students need not re-register; however, they must notify EA Principals, Inc. (by email or telephone), so the registration fee for the makeup class can be waived and class logistics provided.
Note: This refund policy does not apply if using special discount codes that have “no refund” specified in the usage instructions.